Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cleaning the refridgerator



I felt like I had some safe ground with my room. I vaccuumed the floor and cleared the dust off the drawers of clothes. I opened the window in my room to bring in some much need fresh air. I felt like I had a space, a small sense of order. The state of the kitchen was too much for me, I would need a dumpster and a couple days to sort it out.
The refridgerator also grossed me out. Every time I opened the door, I was blasted with a cold, acrid smell. I started sorting through items. There was a can of half-eaten mushroom soup. Mold had grown on top of the soup and up the sides of the can. I threw that out. I found more spoilled items: rotting fruit turning to juice, moldy cheese, a fish that had expired a month ago, an old slimy cauliflower, and more. The smell continued even after throwing this out. One by one, I took out the shelves and drawers of the refrigerator and took them to the bathtub, sprayed them down with heavy-duty cleaners, and scrubbed them clean. Finally I put them back in place and the refridgerator was a little more tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment