Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

My Anxiety

Sometimes when I am sitting at the computer at work, this massive, paralyzing sense of anxiety washes over me. I begin to catalog in my mind objects in my parents house. It starts out easy as I picture newspapers and junk mail, thinking how easy it will be to throw those things out. Then it gets more intense as I envision larger objects, furniture, antique items that may even have some value.

Very soon I am overwhelmed and feel exhausted, barely able to keep my eyes open and work. I try to get a grip on things and push these thoughts out of my head. I just keep telling myself: Hey there's nothing you can do right now.

Right now. But someday. Not sure when, but there will be a day that I will have to come and really sort through those things, and make sense of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment